Thursday, September 4, 2008

Summer, So Wonderful, So Fleeting



I can't believe it is September already! Wow, the summer really flew by, which is okay because it wasn't really all that great with ONE NOTABLE EXCEPTION! My sister, brother-in-law and LUCY came home for 10 whole days in the beginning of August. On top of that, my mummy and her man rented a cottage in Thunder Bay, just a scant 20 minute drive. It was romantic and wistful and sunny and a little mildewed but who really cares? I was there with my most beloved people in the world and also, we had a great food. What else did you expect? Here's a typical dinner table. (Gordon's picture).



Greg threw a surprise party for my mother's birthday and we had some good eats, notably this beautiful caprese salad that Cricket made. After this photo was taken, she filled the center of the plate with luscious avocado. Delicious.



Oh, and there was LUCY. Lovely, loquacious, luminous LUCY. I am in love with my niece, in case you haven't noticed. I took countless pictures of her doing nothing at all and each one is breathtakingly beautiful because she just is. Here she is tearing into corn on the cob with Mima.




Oh yeah, the picture at the top, forgot to explain that one. Some of you may know I took a photography class this summer. This is a shot I took of this amazing storm cloud moving towards the lake at sunset, picking up all the glorious colors of a summer evening in its wake. This was shot while lying in a parking lot on William and Michigan, a little creepy, but anything in the name of art!



3 comments:

bestlifelessons said...

you have a beautiful blog.
www.bestlifelessons.blogspot.com

danikaw said...

Aw, shucks. We love you too.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Gosh, that spread looks amazing. And the caprese salad, GASP!!!! I wish I could jump right in.