Friday, January 28, 2011

Holiday Roundup

Yes, the holidays are over but I am just uploading pictures so I wanted to sum it all up for you, photo-journal style. I made lots of jarred and canned things this year, including watermelon pickle, satsuma marmalade, mirliton chutney and hot pepper jelly, pictured. I also learned how to de-bone a duck

...and subsequently made duck confit.


Then I made Christmas cookies. I already posted about the specuulas.



Then there were some chocolate-almond financiers.



I went home and ate some fantastic food, look at this pretty and oh so festive cheese and olive assortment.


Of course, we can't forget New Year's Eve!!!! Ben took over the kitchen. First there was venison carpaccio.

Scallops and boudin cakes on sweet corn essence.

Lamb chops with fig mostarda.

Lemon-brown butter cake from Sucre.


It was a lovely season but it is even nicer as a memory, with life back to normal, the house is a pleasing quiet and spring is beckoning
















2 comments:

karima said...

mmmmmm......
duck confit!
venison carpaccio!
lemon brown butter cake!!!

karima said...

Be watching your mailbox. A surprise is on its way.