Friday, November 7, 2008

Incidentally...

Last week I made my annual pilgrimage to the back of the house, in order to shut off the front and therefore save hundreds on my already astronomical heating bill. I'm a big fan of men doing men stuff and women doing women stuff. Oh, don't groan, I KNOW I'm capable of taking out the trash but I'd rather not, cook dinner and call it a day. But, the annual move is a source of fierce pride for me. I don't know why, maybe it reaffirms my single woman status but anyway last Thursday found me schlepping the bulky mattress over my shoulder, reassembling the bedframe etc. Then I got to the TV. Everyone makes fun of me for this old thing but it still works and I've never bought a TV before, relying on roommates or castaways. Well, I unplugged the TV and started hauling when I heard a nasty sound. It seems I forgot to unplug the cable as well. So I effectively murdered my TV. And you know what, it's been over a week now and I really don't care. I was never a huge TV watcher anyways but I do enjoy watching hockey games and cooking shows and OK, I admit, I LOVE "So You Think You Can Dance" and reruns of "Designing Women" but....it's been really liberating. I highly recommend it, give it a try!





3 comments:

danikaw said...

Agreed. I LOVE not having a TV. Who has time for one, anyway?

Anonymous said...

right you are, i'd say 3 hours a month is enough tv for me. Donovan on the other hand.......well, it's all my fault. he's an addict. educational shows only though.

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. i'll have to check out those designing women re-runs myself.. i dont think i can get rid of the damn TV, specifically for the cooking shows and watching my dvd collection.. i LOVE movies and rarely find the time to watch them.. BUT i admire your recent move!! and HOLLA to being single and fabulous!!!