Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving List


My family started a tradition many moons ago of creating a list of things we are thanksful for. We would recite at the table while my mother frantically wrote them down in a notebook. This of course, was in the prehistoric ages, before we had email and blogs. We felt compelled to share our tradition with friends and loved ones around the world and would circulate the lists via email, resulting in a very full inbox. Praise be to the mighty, technologically advanced clan in Seattle for the creating the blog we now use to share our lists. Stop by and visit the site, read the lists and add one of your own.

Here is my 2007 list.


Being an auntie

Online photosharing, especially by the most prolific couple in the world who are constantly supplying my need for more little Lucy pictures

Porches

Surprise Sabres tickets

Tasty Tuesday with the girls, good food and wine and all the new additions to our crew this year

Weddings-specifically for getting together with old friends and meeting new, special ones, or one

Books on CD that make long drives more bearable

Triple cream cheese

Vegetable ash

Good running shoes

Supportive workplaces

Having an assistant

Watching my best friend transform from intern to doctor

Sunday dinners

Brunch

Food blogging

Frequent flier miles

Storm windows

When I make the coffee juuuuuuuuust right

Jazzfest (and my job paying for me to get to New Orleans!)

Trappist monks

Goodreads

Shinto shrines and blessings from around the world

Self-worth

I hate posting this because then later I always think of more things.

Favorite Book: Middlesex, old, I know, but I just read it

Favorite Movie: Don’t really know but I just watched Bread and Tulips and liked it

Favorite Meal: Ibiza in New Haven

Favorite Song/CD: Well, I was briefly obsessed with Tegan and Sara, followed by another brief obsession with M.I.A

Favorite Website/Blog: well riceandbeanandcollardgreens.blogspot.com, of course!









No comments: