Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Guaranteed Pick-Me Up

If you're feeling down, stop blubbering and follow these directions. Go directly to your farmers market or other purveyor of fine produce and get some strawberries. Make sure you have heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla on hand to make fresh whipped cream. Slice up the berries with some sugar, top with whipped cream and eat several bowls. Do this at every meal, or simply as a meal replacement, it's especially nice for breakfast. I keep meaning to make shortcake but well, I'm lazy and I'm otherwise preoccupied so this does well in a pinch.




3 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

I'm feeling a bit uninspired as well since coming back from vacation and need to get back on the treadmill. I told myself one more day of this laziness and then getting back on track. I'm very sorry about your cat!

karima said...

And don't forget our old family favorite:

Take a ripe, plump, local strawberry.
Hold by the stem.
Dip the tip in sour cream,
then brown sugar.
Pop it in your mouth.
No muss, no fuss. Delicious!

Anonymous said...

oooh.. i just made some homemade whipped cream the other day and did the strawberries.. but u know me, i had to throw my haagen daas light vanilla bean ice cream and multigrain shortcake biscuit underneath.. MMM MMM MMM!!! man, i always used to cheat and use the stuff from the can but this REALLY makes those summer-ripe strawberries taste extra special!