Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Teppo Update

So I've been crying for the past several hours. My good neighbor Dave heard the brakes squeal and a thump and ran out to see what happened. My Tep, bad ass to the end, apparently picked himself up and ran to the backyard to expire peacefully. My pappa found him and was with him in the last minutes he was alive. I'm glad he wasn't by himself when he died.
When I got home, he was still warm and even though it was hard, I'm glad I got to say goodbye to him. He was hardly even sullied by death, no blood, just peaceful. We picked his favorite spot under the lilac bush to bury him.
The funny thing, I don't even like cats, my pops doesn't like cats but we were both taken in by him; such a friendly, fearless and affectionate soul. The neighborhood loved him, often I would go outside to see Teppo curled up in the arms of next door neighbors Leslie and Theresa, see him sitting in the flower pots catching some sun or terrorizing Patty's dogs down the block. I know I won't be the only one to miss him.





5 comments:

Finger Puppet said...

Teppo made so many people smile.... When we sat on the porch at Camp Fargo for our chats, he always made it a point to come and make us smile. Thanks Teps for sharing your time with us, I'll definitely miss him!!!!

dcarlo said...

Laila-I just happened to look at your blog and see this sad news. I'm so sorry. I never met Teppo, but I know that losing a pet, whether one that you chose, or one who chose you, is so difficult. It is the loss of a living reminder of pure love, without bitterness, regret or expectation.
They are like wise teachers (with a mischievous and fearless way of instruction), their wisdom is not easily forgotten.

karima said...

Oh Laila. I am so sorry to hear of Teppo's passing. But you know, he enjoyed his life and the comfy pad you provided for him...and....what a dream......he passed in the garden.

Poundpapi said...

I can't believe this!!!! Teppo was a true homie : ( I'm glad your dad was there to be with him for his last moments.

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. Teppo-- your auntie will miss you SO very much!!!!
XOXOX