Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Abita Pecan Harvest


It finally feels like fall here, and even in Louisiana, so I'm told. With that in mind, I urge you to run to your local purveyor of fine brews and pick up a limited edition of Abita Pecan Harvest. If you don't know, Abita is my favorite microbrewery in Louisiana (OK, it's the only one but it's really good). I read in the weekly, artsy, New Orleans paper, the Gambit Weekly, that Abita was releasing this fall edition and lamented that I am 1,400 miles away. Imagine my delight when I discovered none other than Abita Pecan Harvest on the shelves at Premier! A. claims that it tastes just like their flagship beer, the amber, but I think it has a smoother finish and light nutty flavor. This would go fantastic with the double cream gouda that I sampled (several times) at the cheese counter.

No comments: