Monday, January 7, 2008

Butternup Squash Soup

I think this is a pretty standard soup these days. I like the sweetness that an apple or pear adds to the soup and simply roasting the ingredients brings out all their flavors. Unfortunately, I added too much stock so that it was too thin for my taste. Next time I will add a bit at a time.

1 squash-I used butternut
1 apple
1 large onion
2 cups chicken stock
salt and pepper

Roast the squash, onions and apple. Puree with a bit of chicken stock. Add to a large pot and slowly add the chicken stock to desired consistency. Simmer 10 minutes. I topped the soup with a dollop of yogurt muixed with cilantro and curry paste.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this sounds delicious and simple, esp. with your addition at the end-- ill definitely have to try it, since i have a mental block about soups..