Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chicken Curry Leftover Update

In consuming my chicken curry leftovers, a few more things occurred to me that I should share with you. First, the fennel seeds, while imparting a wonderful flavor, were too much when crunched between the teeth. I would hate to lose their flavor so perhaps I will grind the seeds up first before adding. The problem with that, for me anyway, is that I have a coffee bean grinder that I actively use for coffee and I do not relish the idea of fennel-flavored coffee. The second thing I will change is that I would decrease the amount of onions from three to two onions. I know, I know, I am the consummate onion lover. However, I think that two onions will still provide enough flavor while allowing the smooth sauce to shine. With three onions, I felt that I couldn't enjoy the sauce, it was more like chewing mouthfuls of onions suspended in a few bits of sauce. Again, don't try to trim time by sauteeing the onions for a short period of time. Really let them cook down, past the point of being translucent, until they are very tender and without bite.




No comments: