Yes indeed, I have been sick since Sunday. I'll gloss over the details for you. Anyway, I usually avoid pills and syrups and the like but I am so damn miserable that I broke into a stash that was leftover in my medicine cabinet. I like to see what I'm ingesting and was summarily appalled. This stuff is supposed to make me BETTER and this is what I get?
1. FD&C red 40: Why do we need to dye our medicine?
2. Partially hydrogenated soy and cotton oil: Cellulite, awesome.
3. Carnauba wax: Wax? Really? What does that do to my digestive tract?
4. Fumed Silica Gel: Fumed? Is that a euphemism for smoked? Smoke my gouda, smoke my salmon, not my cough suppressant.
5. Alcohol 10%: I prefer alcoholic beverages in non-syrup form, please.
6. High Fructose Corn Syrup: Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes and erratic blood sugar levels. Sign me up!
7. HPMC: What the hell is that?
Anyway, I just noticed the expiration date on one of these bottles is 2002, reenforcing what I already thought; this shit is for the birds.