Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cook's Illustrated is Full of Hooey

The Cook's Illustrated website is full of all kinds of fabulous information, except that it's a major tease. Oh, need curry powder, like to know how the different brands stack up against each other, according to the test kitchen? Sorry, you must be a member. So, since I received a subscription to the magazine for my birthday (thank you!!!!!), I foolishly assumed that granted me access to the mysterious Cook's Illustrated vaults of wisdom. I was wrong. Apparently, there is an additional charge associated with the online membership and my favorite part? They won't even tell you how much it is until you give them all your identifying information. Is this not ridiculous? CI, I have loved you for so long but now I'm starting to see you for what you really are and I don't like it.

(I will retract this statement if CI makes me a lifelong member for free)






2 comments:

karima said...

FOR SHAME CI!

Anonymous said...

dang nap it, i was going to get you access to that for your bday instead of the paper subscription but figured u'd like the latter better.. well now i REALLY wish i did that since u would have had the best of both worlds!! ah well.. good thing we HLP for life!!! many more special occasions and excuses for presents to come...