Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Two Noteworthy Items

A couple of really great things happened to me over the weekend. On Saturday, I ran my very first race, a 5K for Friends of Night People. I'm not a runner and had never run that far outside so I was NERVOUS the night before. I woke up on Saturday to a cold, foggy day and my spirits were pretty low, as were my expectations about how I'd perform. Thanks to my running mate, Kristin, I made it the whole way without one step of walking!!!!!!! I did it in just under 33 minutes, which is by no means fast but perfectly acceptable. Next up, a 5 mile race!

The second marvelous thing to happen was that Sunday was the nicest day we've had all year. It was sunny, in the mid-sixties and the flowers were in bloom. I sat outside and read for hours. Now, while this is all very well and good, the amazing thing is that I GOT A SUNBURN! In April! Usually, I don't much care for sunburns but this was notable since I finally feel like winter is over and spring, glorious spring, is here!



3 comments:

karima said...

Brava Laila!!!

Anonymous said...

yay laila!!!!!
no wi am the only bondi daughter that has not run a race.....
congrats and maybe for the 5 mile one you will let us cheer you on
-tess

Anonymous said...

yay my lil runnin fool!! xxxoo