Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

For years, my mother has been making this dip that is always a hit at parties. I think it was discovered by my godmother and it's a great recipe because it's unique and made up of ingredients that are always lying around my house. I was going to make some bruschetta for Tasty Tuesday last night but decided to go lower maintenance and I whipped this up in the time it took me to wash all the dishes in my sink, which is not long at all because I can't stand more than a couple of things in my sink.

Anyway, it was a hit with the girls and I thought I'd put it up here for them.

Muhamarra or Roasted Repper Dip

1 7oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained
2-4 cloves garlic
1/3 c. toasted walnuts
2/3 c. breadcrumbs
1 T. lemon juice
2 T pomegranate molasses ( I just use regular)
1 t. cumin
1 whole dried red chili pepper or about 1 T. red pepper flakes
1/2 c. olive oil
salt and pepper

Puree in the ingredients in a food processor and serve with pita wedges or vegetables. The flavors develop over time so feel free to make it a few days ahead of time. It also freezes well. Yesterday I put a handful of cilantro in and it was a fantastic addition.




2 comments:

karima said...

If you can get your hand on some pomegranate molasses, (they have it at Premier)do so. It DOES make a difference.

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious!!!! and uh... never heard of pomegranate molasses.. maybe my new favorite thing!!