Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Up Until This Point...

I have devoted this blog to food, and I intend to stay true to the original intent, but sometimes things come up that I must comment on. So this is my official warning, dear reader, that I may use this space to expound on politics, love, philosophy, triple cream cheese, high thread count sheets and all that other abstract sh*t. Oh, and I may also mention my gorgeous niece Lucy inordinately. She is sooooooooo amazing.
I just realized today how much "upkeep" costs me. I mean, take your monthly or yearly expenses for toiletries, groceries or whatever category and you may be surprised. For example, I noticed my lotion/creme inventory and am shocked to find that I use a minimum of SEVEN different lotions each day. Is this excessive? Probably.
Every morning, I wash with my Clinique face wash, use my Clinique skin primer and finally Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. For those who don't know, it's not really all that dramatic. Anyway. At night, I use Clinique Repairware ( I should own stock in this company, no?), then an eye cream, plus Burt's Bees Honey and Bilberry Foot Repair. My all-day, everyday body lotion of the moment is Giovanni Cucumber Song. Yes, that's right, Cucumber Song. Isn't that just about the most moronic lotion "title" of all time? I smell it and hear a symphony of cucumbers. Stupid. Besides that, I also favor Watson's Lemon Hand Cream, Burt's Bee's Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme and especially the Body Shop Hemp Hand Repair (CAUTION: You may smell like a hippie!!!!!)
I'm starting to be concerned that my 7-10 lotions a day is bordering on obsessive. But I invoke my girl Mary's voice when she told me that she takes 20 minutes each day to lotion up post-shower and uses the time to appreciate her strong, firm body. True, I won't always have it this easy so my advice; enjoy that strong body while you can, take the time to lotion your body and appreciate it. Ashy elbows are never a good look.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another memo to self:
HYDRATE!
alot.
drink more water.
for every cup of tea or coffee you drink, imbibe the equivilant amount of water.

Anonymous said...

My current favorite is Sabon's amber body oil.

Karima

Laila said...

I LOVE Sabon's amber as well, my gripe is that it fades so quickly!