Sunday, December 30, 2007

LaNova, You're Losing Your Touch

I have never been a big fan of LaNova pizza, I'm more of a Mr. Pizza kind of girl. But I must admit, LaNova BBQ wings are the last word in my book. Tossed in that sweet, tangy sauce and then thrown on the grill fo a few minutes to produce a light char, they are magnificent. So we wanted to order some wings and pizza and thought it might be kind of ridiculous to order wings from one place and pizza from another. I have to say I was disappointed. LEt's rate the wings using my scorecard.

1. The wings were of normal size, not those nasty mutants.

2. We got an order of medium and one of BBQ. The medium couldn't even be considered mild, they had no flavor and worst of all, they had lots of undercooked, fatty bits. Wack. The BBQ was good but not remarkable.

3. THe blue cheese was terrible but at least I anticipated that and had Marie's easily accessible. Incidentally, Nicole put in a vote for Rootie's blue cheese. I'd like to do a blind taste test but we were too lazy to leave the house to pick some up.

4. The pizza was edible but also unremarkbale. I had to doctor it up with some banana peppers and blue cheese. LANova pizza, as usual, is just too goddamn doughy. And they don't offer the variety of flavored crusts. My favorite is still Mr. Pizza garlic crust with hot peppers and sausage. The non-meat eaters wanted mushrooms and although I love a good fungus, on pizza it just doesn't do it for me.

Anyway, I'm still on my quest for the perfect wing. I'm starting to suspect that it's in my very own kitchen.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as someone who partook in the aforementioned meal, i can agree on most all points. while i still do have a childhood-reminiscent love for lanova's bbq wings in my heart.. and this is probably the reason i still do love them so much (plus that fabulous char-grilled flavor when it mixes w/their sweet and tangy bbq sauce..) however, that said.. i draw the line there. i'll keep ordering from lanova when im home, but im gonna bring my trusty rootie's bleu cheese w/me and i will ask them to please HOLD the nasty pizza!!