Monday, December 31, 2007

Things That Get in My Way Update

Yesterday I went to brunch at Mode with the marvelous Mrs. Bennett and we enjoyed our Eggs Benedict and mimosas. Now, while that is plenty of food, I just felt thaqt our meal wouldn't be complete without something sweet. We ordered the flourless chocolate truffle torte. Oh my goodness. It was kind of like eating a huge, rich, sinfully decadent truffle. Although. There were these shavings of white chocolate sprinkled all over the top and I brushed them aside, as they were getting in my way. My companion laughed heartily but she agreed so Mode, keep the white chocolate shavings and give me more whipped cream and strawberries.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

flourless chocolate cake of any sort is my absolute FAVORITE dessert and i have a very specific way i like to eat it: warmed, w/a small scoop of vanilla bean gelato or ice cream on the side. i wont order it if it doesn't come this way b/c frankly, while delicious, that homemade heavy whipped cream gets in my way.. and the chocolate shavings and strawberries probably would've too in this case! (well, maybe i'd branch out and try a few strawberries w/it.. but only b/c chocolate and strawberries is such a winning combination in my eyes..)